Saturday, August 20, 2011

DIY Dry Erase Menu / Chore board

So I found on Pinterest the idea for a dry erase Menu / chore boad. So this morning I made one as a wedding gift. It is super simple and cheap. I had a frame at home but you can buy frames pretty cheap at dollar or discount stores. The one I used was $3 at Wal-mart. I did an 8x10 frame but you could do bigger if you wanted. I also used a piece of scrapbooking paper. I found one that had lines on it and thought that might help when actually writing the menu. I tried to use the colors that she registered for in her kitchen as an inspiration in choosing the paper. I found a piece that was the large 13x13 size, so I cut it down to the regular 8 1/2x 11 so it would fit through the printer.



I chose some fun fonts and set it up so that I could print it out.

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
I even changed the colors so that it would print out in color. Do whatever you'd like and will fit your kitchen theme the best. Next print it out and put it behind the glass



Okay, add a couple dry erase markers and your gift is complete.





No comments:

Post a Comment