Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Ball Squares

So how many of you bought all the stuff do make peanut butter balls at the holidays but never got to the task. Well that was me. I never had time to get in the kitchen and roll out tiny balls for an hour and then have to dip them in chocolate... But how I LOVE peanut butter balls. Well my grandma suggested to make them into squares. And here we are... Mid January and I'm finally making them. So I found one recipe online that I have adjusted and actually am writing into proper recipe format. I know, it's the little things, right??
So here we go....


Peanut Butter Ball Squares

1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1/2 Tbsp vanilla (I used imitation but I'm sure pure vanilla would be even better)
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick in a coffee cup for 30 sec in the microwave)
2 cups confectioners or powdered sugar
2 cups rice krispies (optional, I don't use)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 Tbsp shortening


Mix peanut butter, vanilla and butter until smooth.

Then mix in the powdered sugar and rice krispies, if using.













Press mixture into a 8x8 or 9x9 square pan. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in microwave safe container. Put in microwave for 45 seconds. Stir and microwave again for 20 seconds. Repeat as necessary until it stirs smoothly. Then pour over peanut butter mixture and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Once hardened cut into 1" squares and enjoy!


















So I'm a little impatient and wanted yumminess early. So here is a breakdown...
At 30 minutes in the fridge you can eat it with a spoon
At 3 hours in the fridge the chocolate is hardened and you can cut it. My picture was taken at 3 hours. It was all I could take!
This will be a recipe I add to my holiday baking. Super, quick, easy and yummy!





1 comment:

  1. Blogger doesnt like me... so this post is not formatted as I'd like but it is up and the pictures are there... :)

    ReplyDelete